Day trip to Veria in combination with the art of wine tasting
We travel to beautiful Veria, the “Small Jerusalem” with 2.500 years of history, the second most important city after Aiges during antiquity and third most important of the Byzantine empire after Constantinople (Istanbul) and Thessaloniki; an interesting journey back in time among christian, byzantine and modern culture discovering monuments unfolding in front of us. We combine our excursion with the ancient philosophy of viticulture and the art of wine making in Macedonia, enjoying varieties of organic wines in a fine winery. Don’t miss it!
- Veria (Apostle Paul’s Tribune, Post-Byzantine Church of Veria, Jewish Quarter and Quarter of Kyriotissa)
- Prime winery with organic wine varieties
STARTING POINTS AND DEPARTURE TIME
- Starting point: WHITE TOWER(Entrance) 08:00
- Stop 1: MAKEDONIA PALACE HOTEL 08:05
- Stop 2: ARISTOTELOUS square & EGNATIA (Venizelos Statue) 08:15
- Stop 3: CAPSIS Hotel 08:20
- Stop 4: THE MET Hotel 08:25
- Our trip attendant-archaeologist shall wear clothing with the Ammon Express marking so that he/she will be recognisable easily
- You should be at the departure point 10΄ before the time indicated in the schedule. The bus cannot remain at designated stops, except for boarding
- Wear comfortable shoes to walk around the sights
- In summer season bear in mind to have sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat
- Please be consistent with the exact appointment times specified by the Ammon Express escort, so that the excursion will remain unforgettable to all participants
- Have a nice trip and an unforgettable experience!
- Don’t forget to share pictures and comments from your experience!